The IIDP has selected five islet isolation centers to serve as providers of human islets and other tissues to the IIDP during the 2022-2023 IIDP grant period:
- Human Islet Core, University of Wisconsin, Madison (directed by Dr. Jon Odorico)
- Human Islet Core Facility, Loyola University, Chicago (Dr. Luis Fernandez)
- Imagine Islet Center, Imagine Pharma (Dr. Rita Bottino)
- The Scharp-Lacy Research Institute , Prodo Labs, Inc. (Dr. David Scharp)
- Southern California Islet Cell Resource Center, City of Hope (Dr. Fouad Kandeel)
Selections were made following a thorough review of all applicants responding to an IIDP-issued RFP, including a scientific review conducted by multiple experts in human islet biology, isolation, and distribution. The IIDP is excited about the unique expertise that each of these centers brings to the IIDP and the opportunities presented to the diabetes research community resulting from these centers’ experience and commitment to excellence.